Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: C'mon baby, c'mon darling, let's exchange the experience.

From: Nancy Everson <everson@SPCA.BBN.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 87 19:08:21 EDT
Subject: Re: C'mon baby, c'mon darling, let's exchange the experience.

>From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>
>Anyway, Sue, are you really the only woman who posts "regularly" to
>Love-Hounds? What about Nancy Everson? Still, you have a point.

Yeah, what about me?  Actually, I've never thought of myself as one who
"regularly" contributes to Love-Hounds.

My thoughts on Sue's comments regarding the abuse directed towards her:  I
think she would get the same amount of abuse from certain people if she
were male, though this abuse would be a bit different in content.  The
abuse is directed towards what Sue says, not the fact that she is female.
It just comes out in sexual terms because that's the easiest way for
people to make their attacks.

I've never received any "abuse" in this forum, but I tend to be pretty
boring and non-controversial, and I never mention how much I really like
some bands that other people might not like.  I did forward some
debate-causing material from a friend of mine, but that's besides the
point.

As for Kate's appeal being sexual in nature, I think I disagree.  I am not
sexually attracted to her, though I will admit she is very attractive.
Also, I really liked the Kate Bush songs I heard on the radio long before I
knew anything about Kate, including what she looked like.  I had even
created a mental image of what this Kate Bush person looked like.  This
image resembled Kate Smith rather than Kate Bush.  Imagine my shock when I
first saw a picture of her.

Changing the subject again...

I first saw the Experiment IV video on a tape I made of MTV's "120
Minutes".  The version I saw was identical to the version on "The Whole
Story" videotape.  I think an edited version wouldn't be nearly as
interesting!

An aside to Andrew:  My younger brother lives in LA, and likes Kate Bush.
Is it OK if I tell him about your party next week?  He's living there for
the summer (maybe permanently), and doesn't know many people yet, and I
thought he might enjoy meeting a bunch of KT fanatics.

- Nancy

nancy everson  (everson@spca.bbn.com)
bbn software products corporation, cambridge mass