Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fear and Loathing in ARPAland, KaTian questions...

From: ganzer%trout@nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Mon, 11 May 87 23:04:27 PDT
Subject: Fear and Loathing in ARPAland, KaTian questions...

-------
Thanks to Dave Hsu for the insight on the politics and fears that
seem to pervade the ARPAnet. Unfortunately, with the knee-jerk reaction
Congress has when problems crop up, maybe some of these fears are
justified.

In Sue's defense, I would have to speculate that if she didn't
turn in Wicinski to the net.gods after the flare-up earlier this year,
I can't see why she would now. I couldn't find the soc.women posting on
our active newspool, but it appeared from Greg Taylor's summary that she
avoided using his name. Most likely, some keeper of the public morals
in soc.women looked at their active rec.music.gaffa news and found
a recent Wicinski flame and a Hof-Wicinski exchange and put it together.
This is mere speculation, of course...

Even though the issue of censorship may be more important, I seem to have
Kate on the brain and have a hard time concentrating on anything else...

Has anyone noticed in the "Breathing" video, that the nuclear blast is
backwards, thus seeming to imply that the subsequent scenes are
pre-holocaust rather than after. This seems to also be implied by the
rising sun at the end. This would not be disimilar to other videos in which
the end is exactly opposite from what the music suggests (for example,
the "There Goes a Tenner" video). Anyways, for what it's worth...

Not wanting to stir up the import vs domestic CD question again, has
anyone bought the domestic version of "The Dreaming" CD now that is out.
What is the quality like? This question was asked of me the other day
and I could only comment on the quality of the import version that I had.

After all this discussion about "Be Kind to My Mistakes", I have to ask
whether the Castaways film has been shown in the US. I don't seem to have
noticed it, although with two small children, I don't get to the movie
theaters much...

"What made it special made it dangerous..."

MarK T. Ganzer
Internet: ganzer@nosc.mil   UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!sdcsvax!nosc!ganzer
-------