Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the H-1?

From: allynh%miro@berkeley.edu (Allyn Hardyck)
Date: Sat, 09 May 87 19:50:43 PDT
Subject: the H-1?

Given that bands like Wire, Mark Stewart and the Maffia, the Lorries
(formerly RLYL) etc. are touring the US, (and I've just heard
that Rubella Ballet is making a (semi?) legal appearance at the Gilman
St. Warehouse tomorrow which I'm probably going to have to f(hof)ing miss),
it seems that someone somewhere backed down on the H-1 visa question
(unless I've missed something and the Lorries are pushing _The Joshua Tree_
off the charts).  Does anybody know what happened, what hearings there were
or anything?