Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

DOM DELOUISE / SLACK / THE CONSPIRACY / KIM KARNES

From: Vulture of Light <trainor@CS.UCLA.EDU>
Date: Sat, 09 May 87 18:29:12 PDT
Subject: DOM DELOUISE / SLACK / THE CONSPIRACY / KIM KARNES

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

reply-to: trainor@hera.cs.ucla.edu
subject: DOM DELOUISE / SLACK / THE CONSPIRACY / KIM KARNES
Date: Sat, 09 May 87 18:29:12 PDT
From: Vulture of Light <trainor>

Dom Delouise (sp) knows everything.  He dropped me off at Sunset and
Kenter.  He said he knows that something big is going to happen to him,
but it never happends.  He offered me some strawberries, which were in
the back seat of the car, but I don't like strawberries.  He was headed
to a garage sale.  He is a garage sale nut.  He seemed to be testing
me.  I thought to myself, does this guy like handsome young men without
their shirts on like me?  He asked me, when I am working on texture at
the computer at UCLA, if I ever fantasize that some sexy woman is going
walk up to the terminal...  I said no, waited a second, and then said
that it sounded like a good idea though.  He told me about some South
African thing he is working on.  I asked him if he had any new film
projects in the works.  I told Dom that I was working on a way to
create 2-d and 3-d texture.  He asked me what I was doing at school on
a Saturday.  He goes, "Oh yeah, yes, he's nice, tall, has blonde hair."
I said Gene Perry.  He said who?  I told him that we had mutual
friends.  I asked him if he knew where Mantua was, since he lives right
near me in the Palisades.  He asked me my name and shook my hand.  What
the fuck, right?!?  I did see Bob earlier.  I turned off my SONY
PORTABLE WALKMAN, which was cranking out some DoktorTunes, and hoped
into the Mercedes.  While I was waiting for the bus this morning, Dom
Delouise drove by and offered me a ride east.  On the way up Brooktree
Gene passed me.  He was headed out to some prom to play his Muzak.  He
told me about his previous evening, at Lasarium in Griffith Park.  They
were apparently cranking some Pink Floyd tune, when, for only a second
or so, the great effigy of Bob, sporting his great pipe, appeared,
spun, and zoomed across the screen.  Only a few days earlier I was at
this party at the end of the street.  That woman that did "Betty Davis
Eyes" (Hofmann's favorite tune), Kim Karnes (sp) was there.  There was
some Mexican band playing only slightly out of tune in the background.
I was putting back beers.  Hey, I had some calamari the other night!
Kyle asked me if she was smoking dope, and I said no, but she had a
couple of babies hanging off her.  Anyway, I'll ask for Dom's address
and y'all can send him some literature, ok?

	Douglas

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy