Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Censorship? Not this time!

From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Sat, 9 May 87 15:43:14 EDT
Subject: Censorship? Not this time!

If people are going to be so offended, why don't they write a program that
runs through an ASCII file and changes the word "fuck" into "@#$%" or
something?  But seriously, how many of you take wicinski or hoffman
seriously?  Apparently one too many.

Anyway, back to what this group is supposed to be about...
Mark, I am glad to see that _your_ interpretation corresponds with mine!
One thing I would take exception with is the middle of the 2nd verse
where you have:
     "Too-lee-yay, too-lee-yo, too-lee-yay, too-lee-yo, too-lee-yoo", I say
     To keep me goin', to keep the shit away

It seems to make more sense to have it as "YOU keep me goin'" because she's
addressing most of the song to someone who makes her lose control of herself.
So, why wouldn't it be this same person who keeps her goin', who keeps the
shit away?
   Well, this is a pretty trivial point anyway.  Just thought I'd throw
in my opinion.  Lord knows we need SOMETHING to talk about!

--Jon Drukman
"You're never going to get to France
 Could a new romance ever find you?"