Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Vega, Hofboyy lossage

From: Dave Hsu <hsu@ENEEVAX.UMD.EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 May 87 00:51:36 EDT
Subject: Re: Vega, Hofboyy lossage
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

(eddie's internet link seems to be flaky to these parts, so I've been
 bouncing my mail off an intermediate stop lately.  Ignore the bu-cs
 stuff, I'm still at eneevax    -dave)

>Really-From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
>
>Just bought Solitude Standing which, although very good, seems to
>lack some of the sparkle that the first album had. Perhaps it is
>because some of the songs are familiar from the concerts.

Naw, I've never been to any of Suzanne's concerts, and I must also
admit to being somewhat disappointed with _Solitude Standing_.  It's
just sort of, well, lukawarm (hee hee).  I'd try to rationalize here
and now, but I'm too exhausted to.

>Really-From: hofmann@nrl-css.arpa (James B. Hofmann)
>
>It has come to my attention that some crybabies have implicated me into
>doing something I didn't do or was associated with someone who was "wrong"
>about his language.  These tearjerkers didn't confront me directly so I
>have basically been accused in abstentia.  As a result, I was called on
>a very small carpet and asked to explain myself.  I denied everything and
>have been vindicated.  However, I do not wish to associate with "your kind"
>anymore and am asking to be removed from this mailing list.  If anyone wants
>or has started a mailing list where freedom of speech and other basic
>rights are guarenteed, I'd be glad to participate.  Until then, you'll just
>have to content yourself with restrictions.  I ask anyone else who disagrees
>with what is going on to contact me and boycott this list until my absent
>accusors confront me directly with an apology.
>
>- jim

Would somebody puh-leeze explain to me what the hell is going on here?
Hof being pissed is one thing (particularly since he's been remarkably
tolerant and civil for the past few months) but the sound of this "your
kind" business makes me particularly uneasy.  Nor have I seen any fingers
being pointed since the Dickhead incident last winter; how are we to agree
or disagree with "what is going on"?

puzzled, hungry, and pooped,

-dave
--