Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tricky lyriKs

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
Date: Thu, 07 May 87 17:01 PDT
Subject: Tricky lyriKs

Steve Wingard, IED got your message both times, and even sent one
back, but perhaps it never reached you. Anyway, you're on the list.

Mark: About the lyrics to BKtmM, IED hears the line as, "But my
heart is needing," not "needy." And the line which you first heard
as possibly "lowered eyes," IED hears very differently, although
he still doesn't know what the words are. Something that sounds like:
"Am I yours, and you're mine/We'll find all we're meant to find." But
of course that makes no sense, so it's got to be something else.
But you're absolutely right about "I can think of nothing better."
IED feels like a fool for having missed this for so long.

IED was greatly enlightened by Doug's transcription of
"Not This Time" when he originally posted it. However,
the one line which IED still hears very differently from
Doug happens to be the one which you, Mark, signed off
with yesterday. In fact, IED is relatively certain that
the line "I don't know why I build a mountain" is wrong.
First, the syllable interpreted as "build" does not start
with a 'b' sound but with a 'g', IED believes. Second, the
word "mountain" sounds more like "my door" to this listener.
Which leads to IED's hesitant suggestion of "I don't know why
I give him my door" -- which, of course, makes no sense at all.
But "build" and "mountain" just aren't there, as far as IED can tell.
As for "Delius", it's really only the "Latin" lines that
still elude everyone. The thing is, they may not be Latin
at all, but English. Any ideas?
And for "X4", "Five, Experiment Four..." sounds to IED
like a kind of PA-system warning in the laboratory to IED. Sort
of like "Hard hats, all workers!" or "Danger, Will Robinson!"
But whether this is directly related to the "mystery message"
or not is unclear.
As for the messages in "X4" and "WYWM" being boring -- you're
kidding, right? BORING? Naww...never! Incidentally, IED has
partially reconciled his hearing of the X4 message with yours:
He now hears "I bet my mum's gonna give me a little toy instrument!"

-- Andrew "Happily Obsessive" Marvick