Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Walk WIth An Erection

From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 87 11:25:56 EDT
Subject: Walk WIth An Erection

Nathan Glassner writes:
> A few months ago, while shopping at a local 24-hour supermarket,
> I heard this song being played on the store-wide radio. It took me
> a little while to realize that I was misunderstanding the lyrics
> and that I only thought it was "Walk Like an Egyptian;" it really
> was "Walk With an Erection." It may have been a Wierd Al takeoff...
> I don't know for sure, and I've never heard it again.

The parody in question is "Walk With An Erection" by the Swinging
Erudites, who are (I think) a local Boston band.  WBCN has been
plugging the song, although I think those wonderful "new" FCC rules
are going to prevent them from doing so in future.  Just remember
what Uncle Bonsai says:
  "Body parts are right out.  From now on, you can't sing 'I love
   your eyes' or whatever..."

--Jon Drukman
"I've been waiting for tomorrow (all of my life)"