[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Re: Cool CD of the week

	Cool CD of NEXT week:

	Dif Juz' EXTRACTIONS. 60 minutes of work.  12 instrumentals plus a
tune featuring the golden voice of our favourite Coctette.  The drum mix
is pinched on the high end, and the guitars are a little overmixed, but over-
all a very good set.  In case you're not familiar with these guys: four chaps
from Britain...entirely instrumental, with lots of arpeggiated guitar piped
through stereo chorus and slapback echo.  Edrums identical to Cocteau Twins.
Decent bass work, nothing spectacular.  The odd sitar.  Occasional tabla and
tax.  Around $18...it's on 4AD but not Relativity (as far as I know).

	I had to search far and wide for this one.  No one even responded
	to my query awhile back on L-H...it was pure luck that I found it
	squirreled away in the rear of the ``New Age Compilation CDs''
	section.

	%%Rob

		Rob Rosen
		Computer Systems Support Group
		University of California

	rosen@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (the syntactically correct address)
	ucbvax!rosen (for people who actually LIKE source routing)

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]