[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Cool CD of the week

And to now the CD bag:

"Guitarissmo" by Phil Manzanara
17 tracks
72 Minutes 25 Seconds
Includes tracks from "Diamond Head", "801 Live", "Listen Now", "K-Scope" and "Primative Gutars".
Well worth your CD dollar, this disc contains surprisingly good quality sound considering the albums from which the compilation were taken were originally released in '75, '76, '77, '78 and '82,  respctively.
"ENO" hiss can be heard on a few of the tracks but is relatively subdued.
Interestingly enough, this disc is made in the USA (distributed by JEM) thus avoiding the ridiculously high price tag commonly found on phony imports.
Don't get me wrong, I do buy import CDs (i.e. "The Dreaming") however I have yet to rationalize why they cost more than domestic CDs.
I suspect shrewd CD importers are playing on the market unawarness and bad decision making of US record companies?

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]