[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Re: new Smiths album out - March 31

In article <1513@celtics.UUCP> you write:
>Really-From: celtics!roger@seismo.CSS.GOV (Roger Klorese)
>

>Actually, it's a retread collection of the same tired sound-the-same
>singles, 12-inch singles, etc. that the Smiths have been dumping on
>the public for the last six months.  I'm getting well and truly sick of
>Morrissey's high-horse pseudo-moral stance as he gouges the paychecks
>and allowances of his fans.

What in the world are you talking about? If you don't like the Smiths, that is
fine and dandy, personally I don't care. But don't go flaming a situation that
you really know little about.

First of all this is a two record set containing 24 cuts.
My count of this "retread collection", is as follows:

4 songs from previous albums
4 songs from previous 12-inch singles
16 songs exclusively new to this album

The songs from previous albums were such that the were not released
domestically prior to this. In other words they were included for people who
don't normally spend the extra dough for imports.

The songs from 12" singles are for people who don't want to spend 3/4 of the
price of a full album for 2 or 3 songs.

I do not call this "gouging the paychecks and allowances of fans".

Cool down and write news about things you know more about. If you have a
personal gripe with Morrissey smash his albums or seek him out personally,
don't air it here. If we keep getting messages like this, no one will want to
ask a simple question like "Does anyone have a listing of -----'s new album."

ss

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]