[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

College radio and other things

    Last summer I was a DJ at KSPC in Claremont.  KSPC is an overall pretty
good college radio station, depending on the DJ and one's own tastes.  My
own idea on the radio was: if I had heard it somewhere else, I usually didn't
play it, i.e., I played the newest, most obscure stuff that I could find.
Thom Fuhrmann, of Savage Republic, was another of the DJ's there, and he did
a right fine job, as did others.

    As compared to other college radio stations that I have listened to, KSPC
is one of the best, along with KSDT-San Diego (a few years ago).  WCVT-Towson
is the present local station, and is good at times, but either their library
is tiny or their station manager is narrow-minded, because they lapse into
commercial nuu muusik :-) quite often.

                                        -Grey
                                         ARPA: tgriffie@brl.arpa

P.S.  The Archive of Contemporary Music, formerly _The International
      Discography of the New Wave_, volumes 1 to N , will be available,
      electronically speaking, in the next year or so.

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]