[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

No Subject

> From: FULIGIN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Peter E. Lee)
>
> A recent local newspaper announced that XTC would be doing their first
> live radio appearance in several years sometime soon on the BBC.  If someone
> over there could tape this for me, I would be very appreciative.

Chances are that this would be a session for one of the night-time shows on
Radio 1 (Janice Long or John Peel - though I don't think the Peel sessions
are broadcast live); or possibly for a weekend programme. Radio 1 did have
an "In Concert" series but that is not on at the moment. The problem is
that such sessions by bands are rarely publicised in the Radio Times (lists
of BBC programmes) so unless one listens regularly to the radio then one
never knows when a session will be broadcast. So if you get no response it is
not because there are no XTC fans around, just that Radio 1 has not got its
act together.

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]