[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Re: More anti-IED fodder ...

>> [From: charettep@nusc-wpn:]
>>
>>       IED: You can't expect anyone to believe KT's music is as
>> complex as one of Brahms' symphonies, can you?
>
> Of course it is!  Probably even more so.  Musicians today have many
>more auditory dimensions to work with than were available before
>modern technology, and Kate utilizes most of them.
>
>                        |>oug

	You do have a point.  I won't deny that KT's music is _technically_
more complex.  Of course, Brahms' never had a Sinclaviar.

   	But that wasn't what I was getting at.  I was referring to musical
complexity.  Brahms' wrote symphonies with parts for 60 or more musicians.
Granted, some of the parts are the same for players in the same section,
but there is an undeniable complexity in getting a large number of musical
parts to work together and sound as pleasing as they do.

							Paul
------

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]