[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Re: KaTastrophic U.S. scene causes KlausTrophobia; KaTatonia sets in

>Really-From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>
>KT GOOD News:
>From the ashes of the Break-Through holocaust soars a NEW
>edition! Today IED received a letter from Robyn Carstairs -- now
>back in Winnipeg following her separation from her husband.
>She is soliciting KT material ASAP, for a new issue of the
>once-great Canadian fanzine. If anyone has anything he/she
>would like to say about Kate or her music, and you were planning
>to share it with the Love-Hounds, how about printing out a copy
>and sending it along to Robyn for her fanzine? She will almost
>certainly publish it. As she puts it, "To hell with the printing
>costs!"

Just a quick (but somewhat wordy) note:

I finally got around to seeing what a record convention looks like when
I dropped by Record Convergence last Sunday.  On the one hand, my lack
of attendance all this time is peculiar because I've known the people
behind the UMd annual convention for some years now.  On the other hand,
when you only have CD players, there isn't much motivation for going to
see a couple dozen vendors hawk these (mostly) round, flat, plastic
things with one precision made scratch on each side :-)

Among the other vendors was one InterGalactic Garage, which I am happy
to report, is far from being a KT-paraphenalia-only shop (think about
it, can anyone (besides Kate herself, that is) really hope to make a
living selling only posters and trinkets?  Not that anyone strongly
implied this...) and in fact, seems to carry quite some variety of odds
and ends relating to other, lesser artists (snicker).

The upshot of which is, Allan Balliott (proprietor of above, who says
"hello, |>oug") is looking for some convenient way to receive L-H, either
locally (wrt D.C.) or through a PC-Pursuit-able site.  Is there a better
answer than handing him off to WELL or to the Soup Kitchen?

-dave
--
David "bd" Hsu			Professional Undergrad & System Fascist
ARPA:	hsu@eneevax.umd.edu	UUCP: [seismo,allegra]!mimsy!eneevax!hsu

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]