[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

VS, KB CD, U2

>   According to the tour manager of the Lyres, the Suns have definitely
>broken up-- Jeff and Jon reportedly want to go out on their own
>   Oh well, maybe two new godlike bands will come out
>of this horrible incident. (Then again, I fooled myself into thinking
>that about the Sisters of Mercy too...)

>Paul Kirsch

Hi, Paul.
One of the most depressing things about the Suns' alleged break-up is
that their manager said, just a few weeks ago, that the band had
written scads of new material, their best ever.  But since "The Bright
Orange Years" contained songs written before the Jeff-Jon-Pete lineup
of the Suns came into being, there is hope that this new material
will not go unheard for long...

Re the Sisters, well, the Sisterhood and the Mission have about three
good songs between 'em.  Urgh.

---

>Oh right, and the last matter.  Still no luck locating a CD of The Dreaming
>on the Maryland side of the DC area.  Any hints?  Mark?

>-dave

Call Howie at Music Machine in Baltimore, 301/653-0008, and ask him
for one.  That's where I got mine.  He does mail order, too.

---

>New U2 album Monday.  Robert Hilburn reviews it and says they're God,
>but then he worships Springsteen so what does he know?

>                        --Peter Alfke

Yes.  Believe what you heard.  "The Joshua Tree" is a masterpiece.
It's more subdued than I expected; there's nothing as immediately
awe-inspiring as "Pride (In The Name of Love)" or "Sunday Bloody
Sunday" -- in fact, though I've listened to it eight or nine times
now, I can't recall a single melody.  But don't let the lack of
hooks dissuade you.  It is a beautiful work, the sort of record
that it's hard to do justice to with words.

--Sue

"It is the great failing and at the same time the greatest
attribute of humanity that we constantly reach for things
that exceed our grasp.  Peace isn't possible, but we should
never stop trying for it."
                        --Bob Geldof, in "Is That It?"

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]