Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Grudingly Admitted

From: Greg Earle <smeagol!earle@elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 87 20:30:59 PST
Subject: Re: Grudingly Admitted

Grady Toss wrote:
>Either they're coming around to our way of thinking, or we suck Big Time.
>Anyway, whoever voted, we're happy to have our name linked with that of
>KXLU, a station that produces some great radio in SoCal.

Time to check your suckers.  Now KXLU sucks Big Time.  I don't hear it that
much anymore (out of range most of the day) but when I do it's hurtin bad.
Play all this shit like fIREHOSE and SST crap [ (-: - Ouch, Grady, Ouch!
No, don't hit me! Ouch!]  What, me objective?  :-)

The best station in America is KSPC, 88.7 in LA.  They're in these little
cultural backwaters called Pomona & Claremont, and yet they still play
reams of Big Black, Sonic Effing Youth, Head Of David, etc. etc. etc.
during *all* shifts (i.e., not just during some `New Wave special' show).
A friend of mine says that he called and requested Big Black and the D.J.
said "You're GOD, man, you're fucking GOD!!" in return ... Yow ...
He also heard a song from the Factory tape (disclaimer: gratuitous plug
intended) and he suddenly exclaimed `Hey, I know that song!  I heard it
on KSPC!  It goes like this ...' and described how it ended perfectly.
Everyone in Factory *swears* they never sent the station a copy of it ...

Now THAT'S what I call one rad station ...

Greg