Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eno and discrete arguments

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 87 00:37:20 EST
Subject: Re: Eno and discrete arguments

>> [Me:] So, you're accusing Eno of lying on his liner notes for
>> *Discrete Music*, where he explicitly states that the album was an
>> exercise in setting up a system and then letting it run with the
>> tape recorder going and no further intervention on his part?

> [Rob Rosen:] I said "often," not "ALWAYS."  You're apparently
> extrapolating YOUR cognitive processes onto MY statements.

Then, Mr. Rosen, what has been the point of all your recent postings?
I said that "SOME" of Eno's works were nearly uncrafted.  You then
posted a response saying that this is balderdash, that you won't let
your idol be trod upon and that Eno is a master craftsman (I never
contradicted this).  So, I post a response saying that some of Eno's
work was *definitely* largely uncrafted, because it was intentionally
uncrafted.  You then follow up this with your statement that much of
Eno's work is "often" mistaken for being intentionally uncrafted, when
indeed it is painstakingly crafted to sound like it is uncrafted.