Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kt: It Elevates the Dreary shells of 0ur Dull Xenophobic Mortality

From: seismo!udenva!showard (Steve "Blore" Howard)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 87 11:32:38 mst
Subject: Re: kt: It Elevates the Dreary shells of 0ur Dull Xenophobic Mortality
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

>IED's point being not to insult you, but to point out that, as seems
>almost always to be the case, criticism of Kate's art tends to reveal
>far more about the critic than about Kate's art.

  It's only fair to point out that IED's statement does not necessarily
apply only to Kate Bush, nor does it apply only to negative criticism
of her.  I personally feel that IED's view that Kate Bush is perfect
reveals far more about him than does my more reasonable position that
her music is very good with occasional serious flaws.

--

"Wait a minute!  These aren't blender wounds!"

Steve "Blore" Howard, not playing with a full deck
                      {hplabs, seismo}!hao!udenva!showard
or {boulder, cires, ucbvax!nbires, cisden}!udenva!showard