Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tax, American Rock Ahead, Suns and Savages

From: Low Life Scum <wicinski@nrl-css>
Date: 12 Jan 87 17:25:24 EST (Mon)
Subject: Re: Tax, American Rock Ahead, Suns and Savages

I gues this means now that all the little wanks who spend money on
import records will be buying less copies of NME and MM so they can buy
their records.

What they should tax are those excuses for magazines. completely boring,
cliqish, and thupid.  Even thound thoice is better than those mags.
Probably record companies pay these rags to write good stories about
the new band who needs to make money, or better yet, pay magazines money
to slag a band.  Now that is capitalism

what, you don't believe ? check out the Crass RIP from Sound Choice.
While me and them get along moderately, and sometimes they're spouting
much more than they should, its interesting enough. Especially for those
'fans' of english music.

>However, not much of interest has come from the Brit music scene lately.
>The so-called "shambling" movement (a.k.a. "the new innocents," a.k.a.
>"anorak bands") has brought us the Woodentops and the Housemartins and

Is that was the excuse for this shit is called ? I have a better word
for you:

"Scumbling: an art term, a contraction of "scrambling" and "fumbling" -
originated in art school when all the drug-sodden art-wavos have to
turn in 6 paintings by tomorrow, and all they've done so far is bleed
and puke all over a couple of canvases they were sitting on while
shooting heroin."

>The Beastie Boys and Prince clobbered the competition, with
>Throwing Muses, Run-D.M.C. and Anita Baker making strong showings as well.
>Whoever would'a thunk it?

Beasties suck. they should die. Prince is in disputes with local
Siouxsie clones Madhouse. Seems that the purple pecker decided to
release an album by one of his groups, Madhouse. I believe now they're
in court arguing it out.

>FAB MUSIC: The Volcano Suns' "All Night Lotus Party" is my current
>favorite LP...some melodic guitar stuff and some thrashier tunes and

shit, now I have to think of something to slag it.  Gotten some bad
reviews which is uncool.

could this be - me and sue actually agree on something (someone get me a
match quick....

Like Big Black came on masturbated on stage for us on New Years day.
Cool show I guess. Pussy Galore sucked with unheard vocals. Though their
tape with an entire cover of 'Exile on Main Street' is pretty bitchin'.
And Slimbini is cool in my book for opening up the set with "We're 9353
and thanks for coming (cumming?)"  Doug was bored and wanted to watch
men beating off, so we left early. Trainor beat up some little punk kind
and took his lunch money.  It was trendy. They played Sue's favorite
song, "Kerosene".  It was coolness.

Flipper this friday.  There last tour, too many hassles with touring I
guess.

Also I have a tape of a really bad sonic youth interview in case anyone
wants to peel their pud over it.  contact me know or be bored.

Stabb is god