Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Nancy's friend's first Kate-echism (III.xii.19)

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 86 04:29:11 EST
Subject: Re: Nancy's friend's first Kate-echism (III.xii.19)

> From: kyle@CS.UCLA.EDU

> And who/what does Kate sound like?  I've been able peg her everytime
> I heard her.

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle....  There's a lot that could be argued with in
almost any of IED's postings, but you've found nearly none of it and
have decided to just rant instead.  It is clear what IED has been
saying.  To paraphrase, Kate's voice is a pure, versatile instrument
which she often plays with a distinctive style.  Elvis Costello's
voice, on the other hand is a distinctive, limited instrument.

> And what does a Stradavarius reflect?  You're starting to sound like
> an Ethno-centric European.  You know Hitler would have agreed with
> you.

Almost a glimmer of point here!  Amazing.  I still think it would be
safe to say that a Stradavarius is a more versatile instrument than a
banjo.

> Andy, I'll have to agree with you here.  One should not listen to
> her music with expectations, but rather with reservations.

And why's that Kyle?

[Enter IED Mode]

Your entire posting is indicative of the lack of reasoning and
expressive abilities that is so typical of those who malign Kate Bush.
In the future postings, please try to exhibit some of those properties
that separate us humans from the lower life forms.

[Exit IED Mode]