Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Neil Calton <nbc@vd.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 86 15:15:34 GMT

>From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.LOCAL
>Subject: Kate-echism III.xii.12
>Thanks for the review of "Don't Give Up". Have
>you anything to say about the "Experiment IV" film?

Unfortunately IED, I have not seen it. Our TV's coverage of music is
extremely limited. There are currently only three programmes on four
channels which are devoted to music. BBC 1 has Top of the Pops - which
has the same format as 20 years ago; BBC 2 has No Limits which is hosted
by two young people with no previous experience and features music videos;
Channel 4 has The Tube featuring live bands, interviews and videos. It is
possible that an 'Experiment IV' video has been shown but if so then I
missed it. The only performance I have seen was a live appearance by Kate
and a backing band on the Terry Wogan Show (a chat show) where Kate sat
at a desk wearing a white lab. coat surrounded by bookcases and filing
cabinets. Whether that is a pointer to how the film might look is anyone's
guess.

The video of 'The Whole Story' is in the shops (HMV put it at no. 1 in
their video chart) but I've only seen the VHS version available which
is tough on beta owners like me.