Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

stuff

From: hsu@uicsrd.CSRD.UIUC.EDU (William Tsun-Yuk Hsu)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 86 22:50:21 cst
Subject: stuff

I heard a few cuts from the Pussy Galore 7", loved them, ran out and found
the 12", and didn't like it that much. Is there some obscure mail order
outfit where I can get the 7"? (The 12" has to be one of the worst
pressings I've come across. So why is it trendy?)

Two albums to get before you put together your "Best of '86" list:

If you're going to buy one country album in your lifetime, get Eugene
Chadbourne's Country Protest. Where else can you find a medley that
includes country staples, John Lennon and Butthole Surfers?

Skeleton Crew's Country of Blinds has to be the most fun I've had in
a while (no, John, this has nothing to do with my recent steady diet of
your Swimming Behaviour of the Human Infant albums and Brad's Swans albums
:-) ). Rhythmically skewed mutant pop with deranged lyrics in the best
Frith manner.

BTW, I like what I've heard from Belew's new album. (I don't own it yet
but he's from here so if you listen to the radio regularly you've heard
like half the album. Local scenesters seem pretty supportive of him even
tho he's too snobbish to show up at local events.) I wasn't bothered by
the lack of tonality etc., but then I like noise, so...

Bill