Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new hounds

From: cbmvax!eric@gilligan.ARPA (Eric Cotton)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 86 13:39:41 pst
Subject: Re: new hounds

Mark Grossman writes:

>2nd question:  does anyone else out there think as I do that she peaked on
>The Dreaming and that (the videos of) her old stage shows were embarrassing?

Well, Mark, I must admit that I agree with Doug in that I also believe that
'The Dreaming' is a marvel to listen to and truly a modern masterpiece.
To say that Kate peaked on this album I think does her dicredit as 'The
Dreaming' is hard to beat.  I think Kate still has incredible potential and
her best may be yet to come.  However, even if *I* think 'Hounds of Love'
is second to 'The Dreaming' (albeit a CLOSE second), a second-best from Kate
still shines brighter over the best from most other artists!

Concerning the videos, I've had the Hammersmith (sp?) show for some time and
recently came into the possession of 'The Single' file and confess that I
find them a pleasure to watch if for no other reason than my infatuation for
Kate.  Beyond that, though, I really, honestly do find her dance interpret-
ations interesting to watch.  The video for "The Dreaming" really fascinates
me, as do many of the others.  Personally, I find her videos refreshing after
ODing on overblown, over-produced (uh oh, there's that word again!) eMpTyV
videos.  I really think that you must watch Kate's a few times to really
appreciate them.

	Eric Cotton

"I don't find this stuff amusing anymore."
/*====    UUCP: {ihnp4|allegra|seismo|pyramid!amiga}!cbmvax!eric      ====*/
/*==== US mail: Commodore Technology / 1200 Wilson Drive              ====*/
/*====          West Chester, PA 19380                                ====*/
/*====   phone: (215) 431-9180                                        ====*/