Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

new shit -

From: hogge@p.cs.uiuc.edu (John Hogge)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 86 18:55:52 CST
Subject: new shit -

>/* ---------- "new shit -" ---------- */
>Really-From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@nrl-css.arpa>
>
>3.  KILLDOZER - repeat after me, KILLDOZER is cool and will be trendy.  Beat
>the trend and get the Burl EP - it rips in the fully horny, sleazy glory
>of the raunchiest Stones and the T. Rex you can find anywhere.  I think they've
>found their niche as evidenced in Snakeboy and the two recents cuts on the
>God's Dog compilation.  Get Get Get.

Agreed.  *Even* if you don't like the music, this EP is worth it for the
humor content alone.  Main attractions are "I'm not Lisa", a horrendous cover
of a really bad tune which goes "I'm not Lisa, my name is Julie, Lisa left
you, Years ago...",  and "Hamburger Martyr" about the woes of a short-order
cooks.

-John-