Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

a year of my life in the bush of covers....

From: ll-xn!uwvax!astroatc!gtaylor (Twice the speed of silence)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 86 18:15:22 cst
Subject: a year of my life in the bush of covers....
Posted-Date: Tue, 25 Nov 86 18:15:22 cst

Okay. *let's* do a cassette of covers of Kate Bush material (you listening,
hof?). You can either *do* a version of a Kate Bush song (which should be
a challenge enough, given the ah...breadth of her output and the fact that
a number of us are *males* with limited voices. Or you can take her
recorded material and alter it (look out for litigation! Keep this private)
Slice, Dice and mangle is legal, a la "ciccone youth". The title will be
the most interesting "kate bush" anagram we can find (or anagrams for "a kate
bush song" "by kate bush" "doing kate's tunes"). Only the hounded can do it,
and reverence for the unsullied purity of the kate's stuff doesn't win you
any prizes. This is "lure of salvage" time.

You listening, Dada ducks? Rossi? Wicinski? Hof? I is dead-ass *serious*