Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Excellent Birds

From: trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 86 15:12:12 est
Subject: Excellent Birds

For those of you who don't know, Excellent Birds was first performed
January 1, 1984 on the PBS tv show Good Morning, Mr. Orwell.  The
program was a collection of skits serving as a salute to George Orwell
that was not all that wonderful, although it was watchable.  Excellent
Birds was a video assembled for the show.  Peter Gabriel and Laurie
Anderson were sitting through most of the song, and they did some
interesting video trickery that I can't exactly remember.  I was
wondering when they'd put it on tape, record or cd.  I'm glad that
they finally did.