Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Excellent Birds

From: Warren Bell <seismo!utcs!wbell>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 86 18:43:26 est
Subject: Re: Excellent Birds
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

In article <8611172011.AA26649@EDDIE> Doug Alan writes:
>"Excellent Birds" was not in *Against All Odds*.  That was "Walk
>Through the Fire", which by the way is one of  my favorite Gabriel
>tunes.  I believe that PG and LA did "Excellent Birds" for some TV
>show.  They then each produced their own somewhat different versions

I believe the TV show was a special simulcast broadcast between London
and New York in the morning on New Year's Day 1984.
The name of the show was something like "Good Morning, Mr. Orwell".
(I never saw it, that was what was described before the video was shown
later that year on a local Video show (The New Music, on Ch.57 in Toronto)).

>for their own records.  The video (which I saw ages before SO) has
>PG's version.
>
>			|>oug

----
University of Toronto Computing Services	       Warren Bell
UUCP: {cbosgd,ihnp4,utai,utcsri,utzoo}!utcs!wbell
BITNET: wbell at utoronto