Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Raghu Krishnan <utcs!krishnan@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 86 14:19:11 est

NChecksum: 19052
NPath: krishnan
NFrom: krishnan@utcs.uucp (Raghu Krishnan)
NDate: Sat, 15-Nov-86 14:18:46 EST
NMessage-ID: <1986Nov15.141846.4958@utcs.uucp>
NOrganization: University of Toronto Computing Services, general purpose UNIX
NNewsgroups: mod.music.gaffa
NSubject: Bragg/Housemartin/etc.
NReferences: <8611142048.AA04219@EDDIE>
NReply-To: krishnan@utcs.UUCP (Raghu Krishnan)
NDistribution: net
NOrganization: University of Toronto Computing Services, general purpose UNIX
NKeywords:
N>And finally, I heartily recommend Billy Bragg's new album. He
N>has a band this time which may bother some people but I
N>think it sounds groovy...and the lyrics are still the best.
N>By the way, I'd like to add my support to whatever camp
N>is arguing on the  side of the Housemartins, etc.  Good Band!
N>
N>Tamar
N     Yes, I wholeheartedly agree! Recent purchases here include Bragg
N     (super! saw him in concert summer'85-great, he's coming here in a
N     couple weeks). Housemartins take little getting used to (vocals a  bit
N     too much like Bronski Beat??). Smithereens (new release in Canada) come
N     highly reccomended (old news down there?). If you like Everything But
N     The Girl, I suggest digging back a bit for some Marine Girls' stuff.
N     new to this thing, too...Raghu at U of Toronto.
N     (is it that obvious?)