Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: ihnp4!attunix!sfsup!tamar
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 86 15:48:00 EST

I have been reading this group for a while but never posted to
it. Hope this message makes it...

I have a question about an old (?)  group called "Young Marble
Giants". Anybody ever heard about them? All I know is that they
are Welsh women. I heard a couple of songs off of a tape and
this is all the information I have. Any scoop you can give
(e.g. discography) would be appreciated.

Also, somebody asked if Yello (the correct spelling) and
Art of Noise are the same. The answer is NO. Yello is fronted
by some guy named Deiter Meier (or a variation thereof) and
nowhere near as Top-40 as Art of Noise (who I actually enjoyed
this summer at the New Music Seminar at the Palladium).

For New York local band fans, a new place started last week
in Chelsea that is a FREE showcase for new music. The owner
is video taping each show (only open on Tuesday nights) which
he hopes to broadcast on public access cable tv in the future
to help local music get exposure.

And finally, I heartily recommend Billy Bragg's new album. He
has a band this time which may bother some people but I
think it sounds groovy...and the lyrics are still the best.
By the way, I'd like to add my support to whatever camp
is arguing on the  side of the Housemartins, etc.  Good Band!

Tamar