Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: ll-xn!lll-crg!amdcad!decwrl!lezah.dec.com!mcnulty (Repro Man)
Date: Friday, 12 Sep 1986 13:54:08-PDT
Posted-Date: Friday, 12 Sep 1986 13:54:08-PDT

    Dear Doug and other Hounds,

    This is my first posting to LH but I thought I'd tell the story of
    yet another convert to Kate via the net, and request knowledge
    which will draw me further into the depths of her mystery.

    After week's of hearing her glories sung in this digest, I decided
    to give the LH's credit for having some small portion of brains
    (since they knew how to use computers) and buy one of her tapes.
    The name of the digest was Hounds of Love, so that's what I
    bought.

    I brought home this unknown tape of (probably) strange music and
    put it in my machine. I recognized _Running Up That Hill_ as a
    song I had heard on the radio a couple of times and liked, but
    hadn't known who did it. Side one continued. Pretty good stuff, I
    thought. Flipped it over to side two. _And Dream of Sheep_ was
    slow and had a nice feel to it. I was quite intrigued by the
    menace in _Under Ice_. Then _Waking the Witch_ started. I stood
    right up straight and my eyes poped wide open. What is *this*, I
    said out loud? Stunned but smiling, I was left silently mouthing
    the word "Wow" over and over, and shaking my head in a dazed
    manner.

    Well, the rest is, of course, history. Within a week my roommate
    was threatening to hide HoL because I wouldn't play *anything*
    else. So, I had to go out and buy The Dreaming :^). And now I'm
    asking the record store to order stuff of her's they don't have in
    stock...

    So, chalk up another one Doug. The electronic word is spreading.

    Anyhow, I bought TD on tape and got no lyrics. Are there lyrics
    with the album? If not I would *really* be interested in what
    other Hounds have been able to make out (it seems the songs I like
    the most are the hardest to decipher). Despite repeated (really
    repeated) listenings, my progress on _Get Out Of My House_ is very
    small.

    If such lyrics have been posted in the past, please be kind to new
    subscribers and re-post them (or mail them to me - I DON'T CARE!).
    Also, being a recent subscriber I never saw the essays recently
    mentioned examining the contents of songs on TD. THESE WOULD BE
    VERY INTERESTING! Please re-post for new converts who swell the
    ranks of Bush-o-holics.

    Oh yeah, of course I'll want a T-shirt. I know, you're not taking
    orders yet, just want you to know the breadth of the interest. And
    if Mark ever gets a hold of TD on CD (insert symbol of mindless
    desire and goggle-eyed rapture). And posters. I need enough
    for *all* my walls...

    				Lance
    				(I go in, the crime begins...)