Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sylvian/Sakamoto

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 86 10:59:13 EDT
Subject: Sylvian/Sakamoto

>From: Robert Stanzel <apollo!rps>
>Subject: Sylvian/Sakamoto

>Picked up a fine 12" called "Bamboo Houses"; it dates to 1982, and is a
>French Virgin release.  I'm not up on the exact chronology, but it must be
>post-Japan, and is pre-"Brilliant Trees".  It's co-produced by Steve Nye.
>Did Sylvian do anything else with Sakamoto?

It is indeed good and it's got a swoonsome pic of David, one of my lust
objects of choice, on the cover.  I think it came out immediately after Japan
broke up.

Sylvian and Sakamoto released another 12" called "Forbidden Colours"
which is a rather pretty ballad.  If you can't find the 12", you should
certainly be able to hunt down the sound track to "Merry Xmas Mr.
Lawrence," the David Bowie flick; Sakamoto did all the music and "For-
bidden Colours" was the theme song.  The sound track came out on some
major label, and may still be in print.

L-H mail reaches me a bit late here in out-of-the-way Baltimore, so
forgive me if this is the 15th answer to your question (a la the Thomas
Dolby inquiry)...

Sue