Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Mark Katsouros <KATSOURO@UMDD>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 86 19:11 EDT

     First of all, I second, third, fourth, and so on, Andy's motion.  "For I
testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If
any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that
are written in this book:"  --REVELATION 22:18.  Let's not be so silly,
"Pastor" Brothers.  (Yes, HE misspelled it.)  Actually, the incorrect spelling
of Pastor is very important here.  The closest existing word to Paster is
pastern, which is a part of the leg of a dog.  A dog, like a leopard, might be
associated with the beast whose number is 666.  And The Bible says that this is
also the number of a man.  Well then, by transitivity, our Mr. Brothers is
actually the beast.  Am I being silly enough to make my point?  May we move on?

     It seems that I haven't slept through any decision making on the KT-shirt
design, so below are the ideas I mentioned I'd collect together (lots of them):

 >Date: Mon, 28 Jul 86 22:32:24 edt
 >From: Joe Turner <cutter%umass-boston.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
 >
 >I was thinking of a design more along one side only... but that's personal
 >preference.
 >
 >Costs change depending on what type of shirt you ask for -- after being
 >around science-fiction conventions, which are notorious for t-shirt-mania,
 >the consensus I've found is that Haynes Beefy-T's are the best t-shirts to
 >use for silkscreen printing. This is the type of shirt being used for the
 >SF-Lover's t-shirt, which costs $6 - $8, depending on size. Costs will also
 >change depending on how carefully you ask them to check the shirts. It will
 >also change for double-sided printing. You can expect to pay no more than
 >$10 for an excellant quality, single-sided t-shirt, possibly in two colors.
 >(I'd rather go for three-color printing, but two-color is more economical)
 >
 >As for a design, I was thinking of something more general and simple. The
 >front of the shirt would be:
 >
 >                __________
 > _____________/            \_____________
 >|                                        |
 >|             ______________             |
 > ----------+       |    /     +----------
 >           |  K    |  /    B  |
 >           |       |/         |
 >           |  A    |\      U  |
 >           |       |  \       |
 >           |  T    |    \  S  |
 >           |                  |
 >           |  E            H  |
 >           |__________________|
 >
 >The words "Kate Bush" could either be in "Hounds of Love" calligraphy, or,
 >as someone suggested, in "Kick Inside" lettering.
 >
 >On the back, in "Hounds of Love" calligraphy, would be:
 >
 >                  ___________
 > _______________/             \_______________
 >|                                             |
 >|                                             |
 > ---------+          LOVE          +----------
 >          |         HOUNDS         |
 >          |                        |
 >          |                        |
 >          | love-hounds@mit-eddie  |
 >          |                        |
 >          | 'the pull of the bush' |
 >          |                        |
 >          |________________________|
 >
 >Additional suggestions: remove the net address and make the KT logo in
 >dot-matrix form? The quote from "The Dreaming" also seemed quite ap-
 >propriate...

If I somehow missed anyone's ideas, please send them as soon as possible.  We
also still have the following to consider:

     o  What legal ramifications are involved?  We've discussed it, but not
        come up with any answers.  (Any law students out there?)

     o  Who's going to actually produce the thing?  (I believe Joe Turner and
        John Rossi both mentioned that they might be able to help here.)

     o  It seems that each individual here has a slightly different design,
        which implies to me that we are going to get 1000 *different* votes
        come voting time.  Shall we leave it up to one or two people to merge
        the many ideas we have into, say, 5 different shirt designs?

Perhaps we should answer these questions before proceeding with a vote.

     Having taken up more space than probably neccessary, I will close here,
and await your responses.

Mark Kat(e)souros

"This planet we're on is a mess; I bet heaven's the same."