Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sonic Fucking Youth

From: wicinski@nrl-cst.arpa
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 86 12:32:39 edt
Subject: Sonic Fucking Youth

first:  You do not want to have a party in the last part of August in
the Boston/tri-state area.  yours truly will be in those parts, and i
will be forced in inudate myself upon any festivity you have.  Doug's
already telling me he will be out of town...

Sonic Youth/Government Issue/Gone/some other band/ Complex/July 18th.

first band was like forgetable.  Gone is living proof that Jimmy Page
has secretly joined SST records, and will be replacing Gregg Ginn in
Black Flag.  Long hair and everything.  Government Issue played and
sounded like Government Issue.  Hofmann swears they're godlike, but he
just wants to get in Stabb's pants.

Sonic Fucking Youth blew the house away.  They were much better than
their previous trendy club show, and live up to their name of noise
noise and more noise.  They did screw up and invite Psychodrama into the
show, since some writer wrote that they were trendy.  Sonic youth was
then inudated with sleazy attacks from them, in typical Psychodrama
fashion.

*Indigesti from Italy will be at the Complex in August.  Rumor has it
*that they are an Anna Domino cover band.  Can anyone confirm this ??

SquirrelBait/Volcano Suns/

Save your money and don't go see squirrel bait.  I was so unimpressed
that I was overcome with boredom.  I would have fallen asleep would it
not be for Volcano Suns, who opened, and ripped the house up.  Didn't
even stay around for the second squirrel bait set.

Gone, if not stay home.  Always see Government Issue, especially if you
haven't.  stay away from squirrelbait.  Go see Indigesti.

Look for Sonic Youth in a Video edition of the WDC period. Also
Psychodrama.

Rumor has it skateboards are the new yuppie things.  Is this true?? If
not why did Hofmann go buy one ??

tim