Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another year older, another year wiser

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 86 9:23:42 EDT
Subject: Another year older, another year wiser

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday dear Kate,
Happy birthday to you.

   (By the time my fellow LHs get this, it should be Kate's birthday,
    so why not throw a party, call your local radio stations and
    request Kate songs, etc.?)

>"Well Well Well..." by the Woodentops is, well, come on, EVERYONE likes
>the Woodentops, right? Whoever Animal Jesus is, s/he has found a good
>band to produce. Lots of energy, tight playing, etc. BTW, one of the
>guest producers on the album is Swami Ananda Nagara. Didn't he produce the
>fine "25 O'clock" album by The Dukes of Stratosphear (XTC) ?  Or am I being
>silly?

Must be an Illuminati plot!  Actually, Animal J. and Swami A. are
both Andy Partridge!  If you like "Well Well Well," which is a compi-
lation of tracks from the WTs' first four 12" singles (plus a couple
of BBC sessions), you MUST check out their album, "Giant."  It is
most...amazing.  Sigh.

>"The Drain Train" New Cabaret Voltaire. Kirk and Mallinder up to their
>old tricks. I hated "Red Mecca" but liked the direction they took in "Micro-
>phonies" and "The Covenant, the Sword, and the Arm of the Lord".

I too prefer the funky Cabs, but I think their recordings are getting
a touch monotonous.  My friend Bill does a great impression of Stephen
Mallinder singing an archetypal CabVolt song.  Too bad that some things
can't be sent over the net...

-Sue