Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTching up with Love-Hounds

From: Joe Turner <cutter%umass-boston.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 86 01:33:10 edt
Subject: KaTching up with Love-Hounds

For those who care:

Please run out and grab a copy of the Japanese computer journal "Bit"
(July 1986 issue) and flip to page 192 for a mention of Love-Hounds.

(then flip to page 195 for a mention of my name, *hand-wave*)

Otherwise -

Things I Picked Up This Week:
"Cure for the Blues" by APB is kinda neat. "Sunset Song" has been getting
mucho airplay, but cuts like "Part of the Deal" and "Crooner's Lullabye"
show more promise.

"Well Well Well..." by the Woodentops is, well, come on, EVERYONE likes
the Woodentops, right? Whoever Animal Jesus is, s/he has found a good
band to produce. Lots of energy, tight playing, etc. BTW, one of the
guest producers on the album is Swami Ananda Nagara. Didn't he produce the
fine "25 O'clock" album by The Dukes of Stratosphear (XTC) ?  Or am I being
silly? Best cut (I think) is "Steady Steady", which departs from the quick
pacing and lets loose with sheer paranoia and psychosis.

"The Drain Train" New Cabaret Voltaire. Kirk and Mallinder up to their
old tricks. I hated "Red Mecca" but liked the direction they took in "Micro-
phonies" and "The Covenant, the Sword, and the Arm of the Lord". This continues
in that same vein. "Shakedown (the Whole Thing)" is less found music and more
melody - to wit, it's rather funky. It's a weird album, in that record one,
side one is 45rpm, side two is 33rm, and record two is 45rpm both sides and
contains two versions of "Shakedown (the Whole Thing)", a "dub" version and
a "version" version. Not bad 'tall.

K-T-shirts: Newbury Comics in Harvard Square has the ugly HoL t-shirts in
red, pale blue, and yellow. YECHH! Even IED must admit that the choices of
color are a little, well, uh, bad.

In the same vein: My brother is doing the printing of t-shirts for the
SF-Lover's net digest. I will confer with him about price and cost. It
would basically cost $10 or so. Probably less. We would need art, tho.
Any artists out there? Anyone with uncopyrighted pix of KT? (Anyone with
copyrighted pix of KT that we can get away with printing, even?) Should it
               ( \/ )
be a generic "I \  / Kate Bush" t-shirt, or should it be specifically a
                 \/
Love-Hounds t-shirt? Ideas anyone?

By the by, Doug. Kate isn't a god, she's a GODDESS. Unless, of course,
she's been to Sweden recently for one of THOSE operations, and is now
Kurt Bush...? Let's just leave it as "major deity"...

Forsooth. It is late. I must work. (Responsible adult, bah! Not worth it.)
Thankyou and goodnight.

                                       Oh, screw the parity bits!
						Joe

--------------------------------------

This has been number 25 in ZTT's Eternal Horizon series "What's Good for the
Geese..."

PS. Andrew Marvick - WHERE do you hear them counting off beats in the
beginning of "Watching You Without Me"? I distinctly hear "What... Four"
and then nothing else. (This is listening to the CD at LOUD volumes) This
leads me to beleive that the incident is NOT a recreated studio moment,
but is possibly a question... "What for?" (Just like someone made me notice
that the beginning of each episode of The Prisoner has #6 answering his own
question: "Who is Number One?" "You are, number six!" It's all in the parsing!)