Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Chestbursting

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 86 01:47:02 EDT
Subject: Chestbursting

A reliable source of rumour says that Kate has just seen the hottest
SF thriller of the summer and likes it a lot.  Apparently it has
inspired her to write a new song, which will be released shortly as a
special between-album single.  A working version of the lyrics have
gotten out; here they are:

	CHESTBURSTING

	I still dream of Aliens.
	I wake up crying.
	You're making eggs
	But you're out of reach
	When your cacoon encases me

	You're like my tapeworm
	That grew in my bowels
	What made it special
	Made it dangerous
	So I flushed it and forget.

	Everytime it pains,
	You're here in my chest
	Like the tapeworm coming out
	Oh, I just know that something gross is going to happen
	And I don't know when
	But just thinking it could even make it happen.

	Under the reactor
	Wrapped up in this slime
	You could see them coming
	They looked too small
	In their big metal lander
	To be a threat to the mother Alien

	I flushed my tapeworm when it got too big
	I can't flush you down the toilet
	Oh God!  I can't forget!

	Your son's coming out (Ouch!)
	Your son's coming out (Agggh!)
	Your son's coming out (Aaaghargaglephfftargletoopgaaaaaaggggh!)

-Doug