Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate products

From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 86 9:36:28 EDT
Subject: Kate products

>If enough L-Hs are willing to contribute, why not order
>silkscreen t-shirts for Love-Hounds itself?

Sounds nifty.  Count me in!

>As for the question about a poster of the cover of "RUTH",
>no,

My favorite local record shop, Music Machine, staffed by a bunch
of Katefans, has a RUTH cover-poster on display (not for sale,
though).  Maybe a limited number were made for promotion purposes
only.  If the price is right, maybe they could be persuaded to
part with it -- I bought a promo poster of "The Ninth Wave" pic
there a while back...

Maybe I'm way behind the times with this bit of info, but I saw
a US 12" of "The Big Sky" at Tower Records last week.  Same
songs as the Brit 12", but it's in a sturdy cardboard sleeve
instead of the flimsy type UK 12"s come in.  (A friend with a
taste for social commentary says that's because the British feel
that pop music is inherently disposable, and what's more disposable
than a single, you'll just want to throw it away anyway.
Ridiculous, say I.  I wouldn't part with my complete collection of
HOL 12" singles!  Or with any of my others, for that matter.
However, it does mean that any used 12"s you buy over there will be
very dusty indeed...)