Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HG 23

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 86 22:18 PDT
Subject: HG 23

Got "Homeground" number 23 yesterday.
Doug has mentioned the big news to L-Hs,
with appropriate dubiety about its reliability.
IED would like to add for the record that
this issue is really a major improvement over
earlier HGs. If it were just the glossy
paper I wouldn't be (too) impressed (I hope), but the artwork
is a definite improvement: Debbie's (?) cover
is really an exceptional drawing after a photo,
and Steve's "Cosmic Kate" is much better organized
than it used to be, and quite funny.Perhaps the
competition, as well as the shot in the arm they've
got from Kate's apparent endorsement, have combined
to push them to new heights. Incidentally, IED still
hasn't had an answer from Blow-Away, even after seven months and
three letters (two of which even had the right address on them).

Regarding Belew, he worked on Riuichi Sakamoto's LP "Left-Handed
Dream" and the Sakamoto/Robin Scott (formerly "M") EP "The
Arrangement", which includes versions of the LP tracks. IED shouldn't
be discussing this, it has nothing to do with KT.