Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: babble, etc.

From: think!seismo!hao!hplabs!tektronix!omssw1!omssw1!sdp (Scott Peterson)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 86 12:41:24 pdt
Subject: Re: babble, etc.

>  Date: Mon, 30 Jun 86 23:31:20 edt
>  From: The weenies are everywhere.... <wicinski@nrl-cst.arpa>
>  Subject: babble babble, babble

[ excess verbage removed ]

>  I also don't see too many big critics reviewing any cassette releases ???
>  too much pressure from the record industry ??

Ummm, I always thought the distinction between records and tapes was only
important when it came time to play them.  Isn't the "record industry" just
a huge marketing organization?  Whether the machine in the back room is
stamping out thousands of flat round things, or funny-looking squarish
things seems of little importance.

Since critics don't pay for anything, it makes economic sense to give them
19 cent records instead of $1 tapes (I mean, they have to pay someone to put
those little screws in, right?).

--- Scott Peterson     <yourvax>!tektronix!ogcvax!omssw1!sdp