Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Irate IED

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 86 22:52 PDT
Subject: Irate IED

>sings (eg "Not This Time" -- actually I've listened to this a bit more
>and agree with rpk: there's a good song in there trying to come out,
>but the arrangement is naff).

The above was a senseless and foolish comment the first time it was
posted, and it hasn't improved in reiteration.

>So how'd you stumble onto Zaine Griff, Sue?  I've never met anyone
>who's ever heard of him except 'cuz KB's on one of his albums.  He and
>Kate are friends because they were both in a dance class taught by
>Lindsay Kemp.

IED bought his first album in 1979, because it sounded
(and he looked) promisingly Bowie-ish. It was, mildly. ("Flowers"
appears on his second album. He has put out nothing of his own since
then, as far as IED is aware, although he did share a lead vocal with
the French singer Ronny on one track from Yukihiro Takahashi's
fourth LP, "What, Me Worry?")