Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fripertronics

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.ARPA>
Date: 27 Jun 86 13:00:00 PST
Subject: Fripertronics

In answer to the response by Bill Hsu, I take exception and still feel that
the technique should be called Enotronics since the earliest ambient stuff
came first, and, I believe, he introduced the timed delay loop technique
to Fripp.  But, since Eno hasn't quarreled with the label I guess we are
stuck with Frippertronics.  Just trying to give credit where credit is due.
The pedalboard (which does make up a portion of the whole Frippertronics
thing) is an idea, which I believe was conceived solely by Fripp.  Six of
one, half dozen of the other.  Also, No Pussyfooting (Fripp and Eno) is
the better of the two LPs.

John
------