Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A boy and his hound

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 86 16:03:07 EDT
Subject: A boy and his hound

> From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

> I reluctantly agree with Hugh that the new picture disc seems a
> pretty routine affair.  Not much inspiration behind it; but who
> cares?  It's still another brick in the great edifice of art and
> persona that is Kate Bush, and as such is welcome.

Well, now, lets not get caried away.  I can hardly see it as being a
"brick in the great edifice of art".  It just one of those things like
an autograph or an offical fan club monogrammed toaster that fans want
because they are human, and for a little while it makes them feel a
little bit closer to the person they admire and to the community of
other fans.  In any reasonable sense, it's totally worthless.  But
then, who's reasonable.

In any case, for ordering information on something that almost
certainly is a brick in the great edifice of art and persona that is
Kate Bush, the photograph book of Kate as a kid, *Cathy*, is available
only by post from

	Kindlight
	PO Box 30
	Welling, Kent  DA16 3DL
	England

The price is 25.00 Pounds (no, Kate doesn't come cheap!) per copy, plus
5.41 Pounds air mail or 1.73 Pounds surface mail.  They will only
accept Sterling drafts to be drawn on a bank in London for payment.
Make checks payable to "Kindlight".

> There is absolutely no question that,to date, The Dreaming and
> Hounds of Love constitute, collectively, the greatest achievement in
> 20th century Western music.

You don't even need HoL in there.  But we should probably also give a
nod to Stravinski and The Beatles....

	"She kept asking me 'Do you know what love is?' Sure I know
	what love is.  A boy loves his dog."

	Doug