Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: SSUD3%UK.AC.SUSSEX.VAX2@AC.UK
Date: 19-JUN-1986 12:16:30

NEW KATE BUSH DUET, GREATEST HITS PACKAGE, NEW SONGS, VIDEO COMPILATION, ETC.

Here's the latest news from today's new issue of RECORD MIRROR (June 21):

1) The new Big Country album, entitled "The Seer," which is to be released
   on Monday (June 23rd), contains a Kate Bush duet on the title track.
   (I'm pretty pissed that the KBC didn't send out a notice about this...)

2) Well, I think I'l just copy down the section from "Chartfile" which
   has the rest of the Kate news:

"A fortnight ago I stated that Kate Bush, Madonna and Tina Turner were the
only women to take more than three hit singles off an album. As I'm now
reminded by David Ashton of East Molesey and Charles Chan of no stated abode,
Donna Summer had four hits off her album, "I Remember Yesterday."
We should note, too, that Kate Bush's "Hounds of Love" album which I
conservatively estimated as selling 400,000 copies, has in fact sold over
600,000 copies.  Kates all-time best-seller remains the introductory "The Kick
Inside," which sold over 930,000 copies.  EMI will undoubtedly be hoping for
Kate's first million seller from her forthcoming (November) greatest hits
package, which will include a couple of new songs.  Meanwhile, Bush's
exquisite duet with Peter Gabriel, "Don't Give Up," has been confirmed as the
next single from his platinum album, "So".

                                    - Alan Jones, Chartfile (Record Mirror).

3) "The Hair of the Hound" video compilation has just been released here.
   It turns out that Kate directed both "Hounds of Love" and "The Big Sky"
   on her own.  The inside of the cover has a great photo from the CB video.
   The cover artwork is basically exactly the same design and set-up as the
   album, except that the album title has been replaced with the video title.
   The back has a photo from the video for "Running up that Hill."

What with the Peter Gabriel and Big Country duets about to be released,
and the upcoming greatest hits package and extra singles, I can't exactly
see her profile fading very quickly in the near future...

Hugh