Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: SSUD3%UK.AC.SUSSEX.VAX2@AC.UK
Date: 16-JUN-1986 13:51:24

The following concerns the Kate Bush picture disc. I posted an
article to LH about it several weeks ago, and deleted it, but it
never went through. However, I kept a printed copy of the file,
so here it is:

(Date:  June 8, 1986)

I finally got a hold of the KB picture disk of "the Big Sky".
In fact, I got the very last on e in the HMV shop in Brighton!
(However, when I went down the street to Virgin records, they said that they
were still waiting for the order to come in!)

I have to admit, it's somewhat of a disappointment in that the so-called
"stunnin" picture of Kate is the very same one that has been used over and
over in many articles, not to mention the "album issue" cover of the KBC
newsletter - namely, the "hands on temples" face-shot. Yawn.
Well, ok, it's not that it's a bad picture...it's just reflects the ongoing
tendency of the KBC not to go out of their way to dig up extra special
pictures for use in special "collectable" items. In fact, I would have
thought that they would put out more picture discs, etc, in light of
the large number of collectors.

Since this specific picture has often been used before, it was strange that
they would re-use it for the picture disk.  The back of the pd is white, and
just has a small "Laura Ashley" style face-shot, with Kate in the frill dress.
Still, the pd is obviously worth searching out in light of the rarity of
such items. (It doesn't sound like EMI printed up all that many of them).

Hugh