Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

confused(contains obscenity)

From: Robert Goldman <rpg%brown.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: 13 Jun 86 (Fri) 12:20:56 EDT
Subject: confused(contains obscenity)

Was reading Allyn Hardyck's posting about the contents of RE/Search
magazine, and was very interested.  Can you please let me know how to get in
touch with them, which number this issue is, and how much it costs?

Also, for what it's worth, I'd like to second Doug's review (pan, actually)
of the Tuxedomoon show at the Paradise.  They were wretched; they were
everything Hofface hates about modern synth-pop.  Euro-wankers, nothing but
haircuts and pretentions `perfummance AHT'.  But wait!  They're American!
So it isn't the continent, after all.  It must be the haircuts.

And where the fuck do they get off kicking us out at midnight on FRIDAY
NIGHT?

"Look, they're leaving.  You fucks.  I hope you GET TO WORK ON TIME."
-- Butthole Surfers (from Live PCPPEP, filtered by a weak memory).

Bad album I bought:
Troublefunk, _Saturday_Night_live_ (or something like that, Live! Saturday
night, something. . .)

Not really bad, but I thought that they would be worlds better, because the
stuff of theirs that I'd heard on the Go-Go anthology album was so good.
Just sort of flags in the long run.  You let the disk go, and you don't have
to pay much attention to it.  Worth the $3- I spent on it (used), and you
can play it at a party where people dance, but a disappointment nevertheless.

Anyone care to report on _A_Date_With_Elvis_?  Has the lineup of the Cramps
changed?  The picture on the back of ADWE was different from the one on the
back cover of _Can_Your_Pussy_Do_the_Dog_.  Also, why can I only find import
copies of ADWE?  $7.99 is an awful lot for my nth Cramps disk. . .

Not a disappointment review: The Sun Ra Arkestra at Lupo's Heartburn Hotel
in Providence, RI

A magnificent show.  Fantastically talented, undernourished elderly
musicians with an influx of new talent under the direction of L. Ron
Hubbard, no, Jim Jones, no,. . .Dr. Gene Scott?  Some wierd genius who
thinks he's from Saturn.  Great show, with examples of jazz styles from many
periods of the art.  More electro-funky than I had expected; I missed the
squeeks, squonks and farts, but I'm a snob.  Danceable, accessible, but
performed with skill.  A pleasant change from the usual d and a music, which
is `take a nice groove, some undertalented hacks, add water, and voila!
(don't let it sit too long, it'll go sour)'  Highly reccommended.

Flipped through the new RS and learned all about Madonna.  Did you know that
she can be photographed in clothes from many periods of history?  did you
know that Sean really loves her and tries to protect her privacy, but
doesn't use the most efficient methods?

One piece of truth in the rag:  They say that the new Art of Noise record
sucks.  They're right.  It's no fun.

ZIPPY GOES TO THE DOCTOR:

I am the psychotherapist.  Please, describe your problems.  Each time
you are finished talking, type RET twice.

Yes, but will I see the EASTER BUNNY in skintight leather
at an IRON MAIDEN concert?

Is it because will you see the easter bunny in skintight leather at an
iron maiden concert that you came to me?

Everybody is going somewhere!! It's probably a garage sale
or a disaster Movie!!

Why do you say that?

Inside, I'm already SOBBING!

Earlier you said will you see the easter bunny in skintight leather at
an iron maiden concert?

I'm not an Iranian!!  I voted for Dianne Feinstein!!

Maybe your plans have something to do with this.

TAPPING? You POLITICIANS! Don't you realize that the END of the "Wash Cycle"
is a TREASURED MOMENT for most people?!

Does it bother you that the end of the wash cycle is a treasured
moment for most people?

Boys, you have ALL been selected to LEAVE th' PLANET in 15 minutes!!

I don't understand.

..are the STEWED PRUNES still in the HAIR DRYER?

Is it because of your life that you are going thru all this?

I'm a nuclear submarine under the polar ice cap and I need a Kleenex!

What makes you believe you might want to have this kleenex?

	BITNET		rpg@BROWNCS.BITNET	(to IBMS:BROWNVM)
	CSNET		rpg@Brown.CSNET
	ARPANET		rpg%Brown@csnet-relay.ARPA
	UUCP		{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!brunix!rpg

P.S.  My contribution to the debate about the review of kate bush:
"But isn't it TRUE that Pink Floyd is the worst band of all time?"