Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Major Label Desert?

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 86 05:43:03 EDT
Subject: The Major Label Desert?

> [Greg Earle:] The point is, I spent 70 FUCKING DOLLARS on records in
> one week and STILL didn't cover all the stuff I wanted.

Oh you're just so fscking Godlike, Greggie because you spend as much
on records as I do.  Wow!  Of course, you forget to point out that a
poorer person could so just as well by listening to a few decent
college radio stations.

> How many of YOU blow that much cash on music in one or two weeks
> time??  I thought so.

Guess you were wrong, and in any case, who gives a shlitz?

> The land outside that somewhere is the land reserved for your vitriol and
> spiteful hate; whether it be Hofmann's land of Art Rock Suffering ArTestes
> and Synth Trendioids and most things English; or Peter Alfke's land of
> HardBore No Thank You; or Bob Krajewski's land of English You Ripped Us Off
> Bands; etc. etc. AD NAUSEUM.

Or Greg Earle's land of the Major Label Desert.

> Fuck This Crap.

Exactly!

		"But we slept all night in the virgin's bed
		 And dreamed of death"

		 Doug

P.S.  And do you really expect us to believe, Greg, that in that Major
Label Desert, Siouxsie's and The Cure's latest are oasises, and KB's
latest is not?  Gimme a break.  Siouxsie's, for example, is okay.  But
she and the banshees have been doing the same thing for nty-n years.
Not only that, but Siouxsie is a bitch.  When she played in Boston,
she smashed a photographer with her microphone stand.  His camera was
broken and he had to be taken to the hospital.