Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

>I find it (as the saying goes) "Amazing" that the
>oh-so-literal meaning of the song (i.e. lashing out at snotty-nosed
>frustrated rock-star failures-turned sniping critics such as himself)
>failed to pierce his Sugar-Walled brain.  Perhaps we should convince
>Sheena Instant to cover it, and bring it down to his level.

Um, while I do agree, from the excerpts you posted, that the snotty-
nosed critic in question could benefit from a nice cup of coffee
homeground [:-)], I must admit that I don't see where you get your
interpretation of "The Big Sky" from.  I always thought it was about
daydreaming watching clouds.  (Sound like Kate herself, don't I?)

Perhaps you're just trying to mindfuck the folks at "Sounds"?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Incidentally, I was flipping through that very same magazine (well, not
the same issue) today and saw that one of their critics went all soft
and mushy over the new 4AD "Mystere du Voix Belgique" album.  Belgian
folk songs, as one would expect, but the writer seemed caught up in the
same kind of wordless transcendental ecstasy that one usually gets only
from the Cocteau Twins.

I'm intrigued, but can't find it.  Anyone got it?  Heard it?  Seen it?

						--Peter Alfke
"I would have made this instrumental
 but the words got in the way ..."

PS: So Hof has resorted to putting his hands over his ears and yelling.
    Christ.  How old is the guy anyway?  (S'okay, he can't see this.)