Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Front 242 et al.

From: juitt%ultra.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM (Dave Juitt)
Date: 29-May-1986 1508
Subject: Front 242 et al.

I need some help on this one.  Does anyone know the relationship
between the bands: Front 242, Revolting Cocks, Manufacture, and Ministry?

I know Alain Jourgenson of Ministry has produced Revolting Cocks,
and I've heard that they are just a subset of Front 242.
Someone else told me that the guys in Manufacture came from
Front 242.  C'mon guys, what's the real scoop.

***  Beastie Boys @ Spit in Boston      23 May 1986  ***

This was one hot show.  Even though the Boys only played
5 songs and were only on stage for 30 minutes, they really
rocked the place.  When a band comes into Spit, (one of the
smallest places major bands play in Boston) they usually
are confronted by so many pretentious wanker assholes that
want to dictate the set, that the atmosphere gets dull real quick.

This was far from the case on Friday night,  The Boys stepped
out on stage and promptly proceeded to commence with some
serious beer-drinking.  They were having more fun than the
crowd and that's going pretty far.  If you get a chance
to see this band, even if you don't like the music, go
just for the party!  There was some of the best stage-diving
I've seen in years, and most of it was done by the band.

Dave Juitt				These times they are a'changin'
						And I'm feeling left behind.
UUCP: !decvax!decwrl!dec-ultra!juitt	Everybody's running,
ARPA: juitt%ultra.dec@decwrl.arpa	Trying to catch up with their lives...