Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1986-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HI_NRG cuts

From: jordan@ucbarpa.berkeley.edu (Jordan Hayes)
Date: Thu, 29 May 86 09:10:26 PDT
Subject: Re: HI_NRG cuts

	Really-From: Tavares@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA

	So far, the only hints I have gleaned from this list is that it
	is linked to the gay culture and uses a lot of synths.  Could
	somebody please give me some example of Hi-NRG bands or cuts so
	that I can place what it is you are categorizing?

How about anything that Bronski Beat has done in the last 9 months?

The 12" of _Johnny, Remember Me/I Feel Love_ with Marc Almond and the
newer _Hit That Perfect Beat_ are both two good examples of the kind of
thing that makes me imagine being in a smokey crowded glitzy dance
floor with tons of mirrors and a million gay men swooning around and
doing nitrous until you're so wasted that you pass out.

The beat just keeps getting faster and faster and more hypnotic.

The kind of thing that *feels* drug-induced if you want to hear it
and can give a migrain if you don't.

/jordan